Monday, January 01, 2007

My best

On the first of every month the Daily Photo group has a theme day and this month's theme is to show our best photograph from 2006. This was a hard choice, not because I have so many great photos but because of how to decide. Should it be what I think is the best photo depicting San Diego? My favorite? Something artistic? Or a lucky moment? I chose the above photo (originally posted August 15) of the Salk Institute because I think it covers a lot of those elements. Leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Thank you all for visiting this blog and keeping me going! Happy New Year!
Go visit the best photos in the world:
Porto (Portugal) -Albuquerque, NM (USA) -St. Paul, (USA) Kate -Greenville, SC (USA) -Stayton, OR (USA) -Szentes (Hungary) -Hyde (UK) -London (UK) -Dubai (UAE) -Buenos Aires (Argentina) -Shanghai (China) -Nelson (New Zealand) -Twin Cities, MN (USA) -Joplin MO (USA) -Stavanger (Norway) -Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) -Not Strictly Seattle, WA (USA) -Jakarta (Indonesia) -Auckland (New Zealand) -Sharon, CT (USA) -Evry (France) -Melbourne (Australia) John -Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -Paris (France) -Bandung (Indonesia) -Brussels (Belgium) -Minneapolis MN (USA) -Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) -Seattle, WA (USA) -Budapest (Hungary) -Singapore by Zannnie (Singapore) -Tenerife (Spain) -Santa Clara, CA (USA) -Houston, TX (USA) -Sydney by Nathalie (Australia) -San Diego, CA (USA) -Vancouver, BC (Canada) -Singapore by KeropokMan (Singapore) -East Lansing, MI (USA) -Sydney by Sally (Australia) -Tucson, AZ (USA) -Nottingham (UK) -Sequim, by Norma -Hong Kong -Vantaa, (Finland) -Kyoto (Japan) -Tokyo (Japan) -Chattanooga, TN (USA) -Santiago (Chile) -Berlin (Germany) -Trondheim (Norway) -Delta, CO (USA) -

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God i truly love this photo - it's difficult to express enough as to why. I adore water and also clean, minimalist lines so for me this is perfection. Also it's so refreshing. I want to dangle my toes in the water. LOve IT!

Sun Dec 31, 06:36:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicia,

It is beautiful, the water flowing and the endless stream of water... the sky has such a nice blue to it too.

May your joy flow like the water in this photo for 2007.

Wishing you a very Blessed New Year. Happy 2007 from Singapore!

Sun Dec 31, 07:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recognized this from the documentary I saw on Kahn a few years ago. Splendid.

Happy New Year from Nelson, New Zealand.

Sun Dec 31, 09:01:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great shot for the new year. clean and stunning. happy new year felicia.

Sun Dec 31, 09:15:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicia...awesome shot...that water takes your eye right to the middle of the trough then straight up to the blue then to the right...to that person walking by...fantastic! So clean and balanced! HAPPY 2007! I need to get busy finding MY shot! Ame ;-)

Sun Dec 31, 10:46:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand why you chose this one. I love it too!
Happy New Year Felicia. Best wishes to you!

Sun Dec 31, 11:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger Steve Cuddihy said...

wonderful photo. Happy new year!

Sun Dec 31, 11:29:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo! Love the division down the middle!
Happy New Year from Albuquerque Daily Photo!

Mon Jan 01, 01:08:00 AM PST  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Chilling!

So much cold concrete and that flat blue sky -- almost sends a shiver down my spine -- the mood is softened by the distant figure.

All the best for 2007

Mon Jan 01, 02:04:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic photo! Have a happy and healthy 2007, and I look forward to more fabulous photos. Thanks for visiting me at Sydney DP!

Mon Jan 01, 04:15:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tres bon choix, j'aime beaucoup.

very good choice, I like much.

Mon Jan 01, 04:44:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lines connect to become a star, definitely an interesting choice for me :)

Cheers to 2007, Felicia!

Mon Jan 01, 06:27:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good choice and I liked how you show links to your alternative choices. I went through the same selection process. It was not easy while at the same time it was fun.

Mon Jan 01, 07:06:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Buenos Aires daily :)

Mon Jan 01, 07:32:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really great photo. At first I thought I was looking up the side of a building, before I saw the water.

I look forward to seeing more photos this year!

Mon Jan 01, 12:05:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful shot Felicia! It looks like something I would see in National Geographic.

Have a wonderful 2007!

Mon Jan 01, 12:34:00 PM PST  
Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful choice! I've really enjoyed your work, and look forward to more exceptional photos from you in 2007!
Happy New Year from Minneapolis!

Mon Jan 01, 03:32:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YES!!! So glad to see you choose this one. Not only one of your best shots, but very memorable of all shots of CDP bloggers everywhere. You know, when I'm hungry, I only need to search your archives for a great meal to gaze at, too. Your work is wonderful. Hope your 2007 is filled with happiness and great shots.
-Kim

Mon Jan 01, 05:21:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent choice, really spectacular! Happy New Year - here's to more wonderful photos and more new friends in 2007.

Mon Jan 01, 08:42:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool.


good choice

Mon Jan 01, 09:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Louis Kahn's work! Salk institute is one of best architectures of all his works. I will visit there if I go to CA.

Tue Jan 02, 06:26:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home