Thursday, November 19, 2009

Love



Is it comforting to know that people still want to forever remember their loves by carving it in a tree? You would think that there's a digital tree these days - perhaps on Facebook, somewhere. Or maybe, that's the next new Facebook App!
On the one hand, I think it's very sweet to carve into a tree. But on the other I feel kind of bad for the tree. What do you think?
This tattoo'd tree lives in the park at the end of Seaport Village. Seaport Village, where an iced coffee costs $2.75. I know they have to pay their rent, but...really?? Everytime I'm vacationing somewhere I wonder how badly I'm getting gauged by shops in that town's version of Seaport Village. Err...but that's not about love, is it?

1 Comments:

Blogger gogouci said...

I always had mixed feelings about tree carvings - the dominant feeling was one of resentment for those that did it. A shame that a beautiful living thing is scarred. On the other hand, I do like the personal memories and stories the carvings can evoke.

Thu Nov 19, 02:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home