Thursday, October 08, 2009

Flowers at Influx Cafe

The other night while visiting Influx Cafe, these flowers were pointed out to me. They're so strange! They felt leathery, and oddly hairy. Super strange. I don't know anything about the type of plant, except to say that it's a type of cactus. Also, I have no idea what might pollinate it. I'd guess bat by the look of it, but they didn't have any smell that I could detect. Does anyone out there know what this might be?

Influx is an awesome little cafe on Broadway that really is a must place to visit. You will become a regular.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lora said...

I think this is something from the Carrion family. It might be a Starfish Cactus. Although, they are known for smelling like rotten meat. Maybe if they are young they don't smell? I had the pleasure of smelling a Starfish Flower once...although it wasn't so pleasurable. This looks very similar, although primarily yellow as opposed to primarily pink.
Ahhh....I just found this....
http://ayardinfortpierce.blogspot.com/2008/07/starfish-flower-cactus.html

Cheers,
Lora

Thu Oct 08, 10:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

I have this plant in my yard and the flower is quite a sight - very fleshy looking. Ours does smell a little stank but not too bad.

Fri Oct 09, 09:59:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home