Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sonic

Back in April of this year, the first Sonic Drive-In restaurant opened in Santee to much fanfare. I was not familiar with Sonic so I went to check it out recently. There are two options for dining: drive-in, park, and order or walk-up to order and sit at picnic table seating. No one goes inside, they come out on roller skates with your food and drinks.
I asked the young skating hostess if they had to buy their own skates and she said yes, but the company reimburses the cost. I also asked if it was tough being on skates all day and she said that it was fun and not uncomfortable at all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Jansson said...

They need to have a good balance. I would probably crash into everything and everyone!

Tue Sep 15, 10:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Tanya Breese said...

It's funny that I've been to Sonics in Missouri, Georgia and Virginia and never see them on skates. Open one up in Santee and they put them on skates. That's what they are famous for, weird that it's dropped off in the states it has always been popular in! I love Sonic! What did you think? I like it better than In N Out even!

Tue Sep 15, 12:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Me too Steffe! Tanya, I didn't try the burgers, but I did have a strawberry limeaide that was very tasty. Too bad they did away with the skates - that is the fun part!

Tue Sep 15, 03:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kim said...

OMG, just like when I was a baby! I've never hear of Sonic. Do they have the little trays that hook onto the car door? Too fun!

Fri Sep 18, 06:58:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home