Thursday, June 18, 2009

San Diego County Fair!

We go to the fair several times when it's open (been lucky enough to score some multiple entry tickets the last couple of years). There's so much to enjoy - random things, like cattle round-ups, goats, chickens, horses, music...and then there's the rides, random fried foods.

There's always a new food to discover at the fair. This year, I found a food that just can't be associated with the fair. Healthy salads? What? It can't be. Perhaps they smother it with some Ranch, making it much more fair-food-worthy.

Here's a link to fair info.

7 Comments:

Blogger jphsd said...

Put it on a stick and deep fry it!

Thu Jun 18, 10:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Wow, you braved the crowds already! It looks like you spent some time in Kiddieland. :)

Thu Jun 18, 10:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Antjas said...

For some reason this reminds me of an Edward Hopper painting. Perhaps it's the menacing sky against the bright colors of the carnival.

Thu Jun 18, 01:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I forgot to mention that I took the photo with my cell phone...maybe I'll edit the entry to include that!

Thu Jun 18, 01:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Corey Templeton said...

nice shot!

Thu Jun 18, 03:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mage said...

Deep fried zucchini with a gallon of ranch dressing will do me. Don't forget to see the woodworking, the home ec building, and the sales buildings. I love the trivia you can buy there.

Thu Jun 18, 07:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Hilda said...

That looks and sounds like so much fun!

Though I have to agree that salads don't sound like fair food. I guess they have to provide something for the parents and grandparents ;)

Fri Jun 19, 02:35:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home