Monday, June 08, 2009

PLNU Greek Amphitheatre

I really wanted to visit the Point Loma Nazarene University campus after reading this article about Madame Tingley and her development of the Theosophical movement and establishment of the Raja Yoga school out on the Point. Here is the Greek theater which was built in 1901 and where students of the Raja Yoga school provided music to some of the performances. My aunt and uncle who graduated from high school in San Diego about 50 years ago said that their high school graduation took place here.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lowell said...

That is truly beautiful and what a gorgeous site! Wow! Great photo, too!

I think I'm older than your aunt and uncle. Hell, I think I'm older than just about anybody!

Mon Jun 08, 07:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mage said...

I'm so enjoying these.

Tue Jun 09, 06:44:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home