Friday, May 29, 2009

ENS Courtyard

Do you want to know the winner of the Elephant Odyssey schwag or info about this photo first? Thanks to everyone for your great guesses! Okay, congratulations to Richard (SAN) for getting the closest answer - he guessed one hour and 12 minutes. Pretty close. The zookeeper at the elephant exhibit said it took 40 minutes to trim each of Ranchipur's tusks - so a total of 1 hour 20 minutes. Richard, send an email to me at sandiegodailyphoto@yahoo.com with your address and I'll pop your schwag in the mail.

Kate came very close too (just 20 minutes off), and gave a lot of thought to her answer. I don't think the elephant had anesthesia, but the zookeeper did mention that it took many days of introducing the idea. Kate, let me know if you would like a runner-up prize of an Elephant Odyssey bag for your very thoughtful answer.

This is a photo of the beautiful courtyard inside of the Exercise and Nutritional Sciences building at San Diego State University. I can't tell you how excited I was to have been able to find my way into the building, walk down a dark hallway, and then find this peaceful scene.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Isn't it fun to find these little treasures that make life so interesting. And, it was loads of fun trying to figure out the length of time it would take to have an elephant's tusk trimmed. There were so many variables and I had a good time thinking about it. And I am thrilled to have come so close!!

Fri May 29, 05:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lowell said...

Looks like a wonderful place to wind down after thinking heavily about nutrition and exercising strenuously!

Fri May 29, 05:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Hilda said...

These hidden courtyards are such a treasure to find. It's beautiful!

Fri May 29, 06:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mage said...

All those years I spent out there and I never saw that one.

Fri May 29, 07:12:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home