Saturday, April 04, 2009

Sycamore Canyon & Goodan Ranch

The Sycamore Canyon Open Space Preserve, shown in the photo, burned down during the Cedar Fire in October of 2003 and was closed for almost one year. The preserve is located near Poway and Santee. My friend and I took a hike through the area and found that we could still see black tree branches sticking up here and there. We walked from where I was standing when I took this photo to where you see the trail in the middle of the photo. The telephone poles lead to the Goodan Ranch Ranger Station and the remains of the Goodan Ranch, which I'll show you tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mage said...

It was so lovely. Green Valley Falls was beyond lovely in the 1950's. That was the best of them all.

Thanks for the Thai review too. :)

Sat Apr 04, 07:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Walker said...

Nice capture.

Sun Apr 05, 10:53:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home