Thursday, March 26, 2009

MOCA La Jolla Sculpture


I guess I haven't been to The La Jolla Museum of Contemporary Art in quite a while, because this sculpture was a surprise to me! Located right out front of the Museum on the sidewalk, near the cafe, it is sure to catch the 'eye' of passersby. (Sorry, bad pun, I know. Had to be done.)
This piece reminds me of Spike & Mike's Festival of Animation, a film festival that is shown at the theatre at MOCA in La Jolla, or at least it used to be the last time I checked. If you know anything about this festival, you know that this sculpture is quite appropriate - at least for the Sick & Twisted version, which is shown later in the evening than the more tame & innocent Festival. If you don't know anything about this touring festival, it's a lot of fun and you should check it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stefan Jansson said...

wow, very cool sculpture.

Fri Mar 27, 08:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gogouci said...

It's been many years since attending a sick & twisted festival but I haven't forgotten the laughs. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Sat Mar 28, 10:31:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home