Saturday, February 21, 2009

Art Deco Drinking Fountain

Here is another one from Gayle - and something that I never noticed either!
I've been doing a lot of walking around Balboa Park lately and appreciating some of the small details in the buildings and gardens and general layout. I came across this two-tiered drinking fountain, between the Casa del Prado and the Japanese Tea Garden, which I've probably passed a hundred times before but never really saw. I don't know what its story is, but just looking at it makes me want to bend down and take a long cool sip.

3 Comments:

Blogger B SQUARED said...

The thing that comes to mind since I have been doing DP is the expression, "slow down and smell the roses." The things we missed, overlooked or ignored before. I feel like I am always looking thru a lens these days and seeing life anew.

Sat Feb 21, 08:49:00 AM PST  
Blogger David Thompson said...

It must be the season for Art Deco drinking fountains because I just noticed (and blogged about) a few in Melbourne, Australia.

Sat Feb 21, 01:49:00 PM PST  
Blogger abc said...

Looks like a double action drinking fountain. Odd, but interesting shape.

Thu Feb 26, 03:16:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home