Thursday, November 27, 2008

Welcome to the Table

I'm a little late in posting today...truth is, I was a little busy helping put this together. Why don't you eat with us? You can take the seat on the left. No, you nilly, you can't sit in the head-of-the-family chair, that one's already reserved. But you're most welcome to share dinner with us, there's plenty! My husband arose at the unfriendly hour of 5 to start smoking the turkey.. He's dedicated—dedicated to good food!

The rest of the sides are, from bottom to top, stuffing from inside the (second) bird, which was cooked in the oven instead of the smoker, slightly hidden above that is pomegranate molasses for drizzling over turkey, homemade green bean casserole, dark meat, with white meat above that, corn bread stuffing above that, cranberry sauce, and a cheesy (gruyere) potato & butternut squash casserole. Oh yea, and a couple of bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau. Mmmmm.

Currently, the rest of my family is eating pie - we made apple & pecan - and I think I will now go join them!
What did you guys serve on this festively fantastic holiday?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Looks like you had a great time! We did, too. Come visit my blog tomorrow (November 28) to read about the Thanksgiving Project!

Thu Nov 27, 08:20:00 PM PST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Happy belated Thanksgiving! I'm still full from yesterday. That cheesy potato & butternut squash sounds yummy. Yay for leftovers!

Fri Nov 28, 11:30:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home