Friday, October 03, 2008

Mille Feuille

My tongue still can't get around to pronouncing "feuille", but it had no problem with this mixed berry tart. Mille Feuille opened at 5th and University (where the Gap store used to be) about one month ago. They have chocolates, pastries, cakes, quiches, and sandwiches. The little cakes range in price from $4.00-6.50, sandwiches are $8.50-9.50. I'm sorry that I don't have more photos but the camera batteries died at the store. Go to SD Urban to see a review and photos of the clean green interior of the store. I'll have to go back to get a taste and a photo of the other little cake that caught my eye called "apricot summer": coconut pineapple and carrot sponge cake layered with orange apricot cream cheese filling topped with a marbled glaze and a few blueberries.

P.S. Sadly, the store closed in the spring of 2009.

1 Comments:

Blogger McKimmie-Style said...

Delicious. The lunch sandwiches and wraps are phenomenal - I'm vegetarian and the veggie wrap was bursting with flavor. Kudos to the chefs!

Sun Oct 05, 02:33:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home