Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Anthony's Beer & Oyster Bar

In the middle of the tourist mecca that is also known as The Embarcadero sits Anthony's Fish Grotto. It sits out over the water, with great outdoor seating offering diners views of the bay and cool off-shore breezes while they nosh. This place was one of my favorite places when I was little. On one side of this restaurant, seen peeking at the top right corner is the Star of India. On the other side, reflected in the glass, is the cruise ship docking. The day I was down here, there were lots of people milling around the cruise ship dock, dragging their luggage behind them.
And right in the middle, is some beer & oysters for any and all travelers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Breese said...

Oh we would eat there alot too as a kid. Anthony's is one of my mom's favorite restaurants. We'd eat at that one if we spent the afternoon at the beach but most times would eat at the one in La Mesa, with a view of the pond because I loved to watch the ducks, great entertainment for kids to keep them quiet till dinner comes!

Wed Sep 24, 07:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger expat said...

Wasn't it called the "Fishette" when you were a kid?

Wed Sep 24, 09:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

This is a great photo showing lots of the elements of the harbor. Yummy fried food too. I think this Anthony's location has 2 parts - more formal dining and the Fishette, a walk up window. I went there last September, and we got something called "mixed treasures" which I posted about.

Wed Sep 24, 11:14:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home