Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Just Books

There is a bookstore down the street from the Rare Hare Studio and Lestat's whose sign simply says "Books", aka William Burgette Books. There are tons of books and you would think that this place wasn't organized, but it is. They also have quite a collection of mannequin heads (some shown above) and other interesting decor including a totem pole, a mannequin with a Nixon t-shirt and political buttons, and a bunch of other stuff. Best of all, I saw a guy with a peace sign tattooed on his bald spot. This neighborhood is called Normal Heights, but people joke that it is Abnormal Heights, can you see why?

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

It isn't often that I walk by a used bookstore without going in. I'm not their best customer as I'm trying not accumulate stuff but there is nothing like a good used bookstore.
In Vancouver there seem to fewer of them as time goes by.

Wed Aug 06, 10:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ft Worth Daily Photo said...

Nice photo. I like it

Wed Aug 06, 07:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Brent McD. said...

I love used bookstores. Is this the military section?

Thu Aug 07, 09:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Alexandra said...

I love what you wrote for this entry! Very creative. heh heh. Oh yea, I like the photo too!

Thu Aug 07, 01:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jilly said...

Love this place. I could spend hours here.

Sat Aug 09, 01:37:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home