Monday, June 02, 2008

Long-Waterman House

This is the Long-Waterman House, built in 1889 by D. P. Bensen. The name of the house comes from its first and second occupants: John Long, president of the Coronado Fruit Package Company and then Robert Whitney Waterman, the 17th Governor of California who bought the place for $17,000. The house is in the neighborhood called Bankers Hill or Pill Hill because back when the house was built many bankers and doctors lived in the area which is located on a hill overlooking the bay and is close to downtown.
Happy Birthday to my friend June, cousin Nate, & uncle Tom!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

It's a beautiful old house! I wish we had more of them preserved this well here in Manila.

Mon Jun 02, 05:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am a San Diego Native born here in 1957 and this home has been my favorite home in the entire city since I was a kid

Wed Feb 02, 12:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

On my way to work,my heart skipped a bit when I saw this mesmerizing house,It was deja vu. Love it. MD

Fri Feb 23, 03:11:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My love of old houses with the amazing architecture that seems to be long forgotten in this cookie cutter housing of today that we just can’t seem to get away from. Is it just me or is everyone else as fed up with the lack of unique design with our homes that we are meant to get excited about? It’s not just with our homes but for the most part, these electric shaver’s that we are driving these days? I long for the time when style and unique features were what we got excited about.

Thu Jul 13, 03:35:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home