Thursday, May 22, 2008

Liberty Station Vons (in Point Loma)


The most creative grocery store I've ever visited award goes to the Vons located in Liberty Station. Firstly, there's these cute bicycles which house the flowers. Secondly, there's the fact that these are located outside, which is technically the *middle* of the store. To both the left and the right there are buildings where one walks into doors and can shop - the produce located on the left of the entrance and the dry goods located on the right - in the middle are flowers.

And for a firm thirdly, there are cashier stations located all over the place - I guess for convenience, but I feel like I should purchase the goods that I pick up in that area before moving on to the next area. Which for me, would be pulling out my wallet 4-5 times!

It's totally weird, and kind of cool. I've only shopped there once and I couldn't get the hang of crossing out the door of the produce side of the market, walking out in the open, and back into the other side...I felt like I was going to be accosted security at some point!

Do you have any really creative grocery store layouts in your neck of the woods? Have you shopped here, and what did you think of it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice looking unicycle. I used to try to ride one of these and my friend could ride them.

If I don't get back to see you again before the weekend, I will wish you a "Happy Decoration Day" weekend. Alas, now called 'Memorial Day' weekend here in the states; and, better known for the Indianapolis 500 race than for decorating the graves of the dead.

Fri May 23, 03:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Sounds like an interesting shopping experience! I haven't been there yet. It seems like it could either be extremely convenient once you get used to the layout or a lot of back and forth.

Fri May 23, 10:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Brent McD. said...

i don't like this store at all. it is very disorienting and confusing!

Fri May 23, 12:06:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!! It's not like any store we've ever seen and everyone is so friendly! We live around the corner from it and when family comes to visit, its one of the places I have to take them to! :) I also like to show off the "Wine Cellar" that is behind a sliding glass door where the temperature is several degrees cooler than the rest of the store. It holds all the expensive alcohol. And don't forget the peanut station where you can make your own fresh peanut butter with chocolate or almonds! :)

Fri Sep 25, 01:19:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home