The Marston House
Designed by architects William Sterling Hebbard and Irving Gill and completed in 1905, the Marston House in the above photo was the home of George Marston who was regarded as "San Diego's First Citizen". Marston was a civic leader, philanthropist, and owner of Marston's Department Store - the city's leading department store at the turn of the century. All 8,500 sq ft of the house is decorated with Mission style furniture and furnishings. The little photo to the left shows canned goods from the kitchen pantry.