Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Flower Fields

If color can brighten up your day, then go to the Carlsbad Flower Fields and it will make you really happy. With over 50 acres, The Flower Fields mainly grow giant ranunculus (the Tecolote Giant Ranunculus aka Persian Buttercup or Ranunculus Asiatic) but only 1-2% of the flowers are cut and sold. The flowers are grown primarily to harvest the bulbs (really rhizomes for you gardener types), which they harvest between 6-12 million a year.
If you decide to go, click here to get a buy one get one free admission coupon. Thanks to Tanya for bringing up this idea. It was spectacular!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Wow thats amazing!

Sat Mar 29, 07:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger TOG said...

They grew very in New Orleans when I was a student at Loyola. But they will not grow in south Florida. I miss them. Thank for the picture.

Sat Mar 29, 07:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could visit this place -- it is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for posting such a beautiful picture!

Sat Mar 29, 07:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mo said...

Very beautiful, thim make me feel HAPPY!

Sat Mar 29, 08:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture today Felicia, really colourful thanks!

I apologise for this "mass comment" but I could you with your help today over at South Shields Daily Photo. Help promote the rights of photographers!

Sun Mar 30, 01:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger lv2scpbk said...

Beautiful flowers.

Sun Mar 30, 07:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Tanya Breese said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you went! Great pictures! They are just as beautiful as ever!
Thanks for sharing!
And also, thanks for your blog...now I don't feel so far from home!

Sun Mar 30, 07:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger isa said...

Thanks for putting a smile on my face!

Sun Mar 30, 09:34:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a flower field near me! I could spend all day there with my macro.

Mon Mar 31, 12:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger . said...

Oh I miss those flower fields.... I grew up about 10 miles away. I miss America :)

Tue Apr 08, 05:13:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love these flowers. Lovely colors.
Saludos, Mariana C.

Sun Jul 20, 11:57:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home