Wednesday, February 06, 2008

University Ave Bourbon Street, Hillcrest

It was a toss up between Super Tuesday or Fat Tuesday, luckily Expat was able to share this important happening with us. P.S.: Hamburger Mary's is now called Urban Mo's, but it will be permanently etched in locals minds as being Hamburger Mary's. From Expat:
San Diego isn't truly a Mardi Gras kind of city, but Hillcrest loves a party so Hillcrest does its best to rise to the occasion. The blocks between 1st and 4th Avenues were closed to traffic yesterday. I took this picture about 3:30pm when, as you can see, the ingredients for 1,000 or so hurricanes were all laid out ready. Nobody had yet been allowed in, but Hamburger Mary's was already raucous with party noises. I'm sure it was fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmmmm. . .I'll take that kind of hurricane over the real kind anyday! ;-)

To answer your question about taking the tomato photo: I usually shoot with a Nikon D40, but I bought a Coolpix so I could throw it in my purse all the time, and that's what I used that day. I was quick about it.

Wed Feb 06, 11:15:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home