Friday, February 01, 2008

Theme Day - What SD is known for

It is theme day for the Daily Photo blogs and this month's theme is "what your city is known for". I try to do a food theme every Friday as well and San Diego is known for its Mexican food. Don't you just miss it so? Here is the surf and turf burrito from JV's Mexican Food. Yes, those shrimps are as big as a quarter and the carne asada was delicious too. The whole thing weighed about 4 pounds and cost around $7.00. On the plate is about 1/4 of the whole burrito. P.S.: JV's salsa isn't for babies. More cities highlighting what their city is known for:
Portland (OR), USA - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - Memphis (Tennessee), USA - Manila, Philippines - San Diego (CA), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - New York City (NY), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Mexico City, Mexico - San Francisco (CA), USA - Mumbai (Maharashtra), India - Mainz, Germany - Weston (FL), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Turin, Italy - Las Vegas (NV), USA - Hobart (Tasmania), Australia - Bicheno, Australia - Durban, South Africa - Joplin (MO), USA - Nashville (TN), USA - Stockholm, Sweden - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Brussels, Belgium - Chicago (IL), USA - Montpellier, France - Seattle (WA), USA - Mazatlan, Mexico - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Sesimbra, Portugal - Toulouse, France - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Susanville (CA), USA - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Prague, Czech Republic - Helsinki, Finland - Pilisvörösvár, Hungary - Lisbon, Portugal - Mexico (DF), Mexico - Trujillo, Peru - Dunedin (FL), USA - Albuquerque (NM), USAPort Angeles (WA), USA - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - London, UK - Baziège, France - Jefferson City (MO), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Mumbai, India - Naples (FL), USA - Norwich (Norfolk), UK - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Setúbal, Portugal - Stayton (OR), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Sofia, Bulgaria - Arradon, France - Montego Bay, Jamaica - Athens, Greece - Austin (TX), USA - Singapore, Singapore - West Sacramento (CA), USA - Jackson (MS), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Budapest, Hungary - Rotterdam, Netherlands - St Malo, FranceChandler (AZ), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Port Vila, Vanuatu - Cleveland (OH), USA - Nottingham, UK - Kansas City (MO), USA - The Hague, Netherlands - Crystal Lake (IL), USA - Wrocław, Poland - Chateaubriant, France - Cheltenham, UK - Moscow, Russia - Monrovia (CA), USA - Saigon, Vietnam - Toruń, Poland - Grenoble, France - Lisbon, Portugal - New Orleans (LA), USA - Sydney, Australia - Boston (MA), USA - American Fork (UT), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Montréal (QC), Canada - Wichita (KS), USA - Radonvilliers, France - Buenos Aires, Argentina - Christchurch, New Zealand - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Wailea (HI), USA - Aliso Viejo (CA), USA - St Francis, South Africa - Port Elizabeth, South Africa - Seattle (WA), USA - Pasadena (CA), USA - Vienna, Austria - Orlando (FL), USA - Torun, Poland - Delta (CO), USA - Santa Fe (NM), USA - Minneapolis (MN), USA - Haninge, Sweden - Paris, France - Stavanger, Norway - Niamey, Niger - Le Guilvinec, France - Bogor, Indonesia - Saarbrücken, Germany - Auckland, New Zealand - Wellington, New Zealand - Budapest, Hungary - Juneau (AK), USA - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Glasgow, Scotland - Chicago (IL), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Adelaide (SA), Australia - Sydney, Australia - Riga, Latvia - Subang Jaya (Selangor), Malaysia - Terrell (TX), USA - Terrell (TX), USA - Inverness (IL), USA

25 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

I'll pay that! Especially if you can assure me that I can get some Mexican food at the zoo????

Thu Jan 31, 10:43:00 PM PST  
Blogger R&R said...

Wow, now that's a pile of food! You've got me pining for good hot salsa!

Thu Jan 31, 10:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one thing I miss up here in Washington, the plethora of Mexican food in Cali. Mmmmm.

Port Angeles Daily Photo

Thu Jan 31, 11:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ham said...

There is a superb Billy Connoly routine about mexican food restaurants - no problem with the menu, all they need to do is fold it a different way. One day I'd really like to tast the genuine article.

Fri Feb 01, 01:23:00 AM PST  
Blogger Jilly said...

Now that looks just delicious! I was thinking of the harbour...this is tastier, I'm sure.

Fri Feb 01, 01:34:00 AM PST  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Oh, this photo makes me hungry. I haven't had my lunch!

Fri Feb 01, 05:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lady Demeter said...

yummy! that photo definitely makes me hungry =)

Fri Feb 01, 05:26:00 AM PST  
Blogger Janet said...

Gotta love that Mexican food! It's my favorite ethnic cuisine.

Fri Feb 01, 05:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger Susan said...

Yum... and it's not lunch time yet. Happy Theme Day!

Fri Feb 01, 08:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

San Diego has great food, yes, a great embarcadero and Gaslamp Quarter quarter. A beautiful place to live.

Happy theme day! :)

Fri Feb 01, 08:52:00 AM PST  
Blogger kuanyin333 said...

When I lived in Del Mar a long time ago, I had a favorite fish taco place I always went to--a Mexican shacky kind of place. Happy Theme Day!

Fri Feb 01, 09:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger Denton said...

To me, when San Diego is mentioned, I think of the sun. But I can be swayed and the next time I visit I will make it a point to focus on the Mexican food.

Fri Feb 01, 09:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger Chuck Pefley said...

Yum! Looks and sounds like a family sized meal!

Fri Feb 01, 09:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Brent McD. said...

JV's is one of my favorite taco shops. Their surf n' turf burrito is huge. I remember when it was around $4, and some of my friends used to try to eat the whole thing and then get a donut next door for dessert!

Fri Feb 01, 10:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

Yum, looks amazingly delicious. I've had some awesome, homely mexican food in Imperial Beach.

Fri Feb 01, 10:50:00 AM PST  
Blogger Annie said...

This wasn't the first thing I thought of when I thought San Diego, but a close second. (After Shamu!) I have had some macho nachos at Freddies in Old Town and they were GOOD!

Fri Feb 01, 11:40:00 AM PST  
Blogger Southern Heart said...

Yum...Mexican food is one of my favorites! I find that a lot of the things I love about my city revolve around food, too.

Fri Feb 01, 12:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Joy said...

That looks absolutely delish! Nice shot.

joy
A Pinay In England
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Fri Feb 01, 02:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jim Klenke said...

that plate of food looks wonderful.

Fri Feb 01, 04:27:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh you are making me hungry!

Mexican food!
*salivating* haha...

Happy Theme Day!

Fri Feb 01, 04:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Neva said...

That's a nice photo! but I think of the Navy and Coronado hotel.....

Fri Feb 01, 05:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Pat said...

What delicious looking food!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Fri Feb 01, 06:55:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Yum. Guess what we are going to have tonight.

Fri Feb 01, 07:31:00 PM PST  
Blogger  gmirage said...

I love shrimps...! Great choice!

Sat Feb 02, 02:22:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kate said...

I didn't get around much on Theme Day but I still want to visit and send my regards. Great choice!! Mexican food is the best, esp. in Mexico!

Sun Feb 03, 06:08:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home