Friday, February 15, 2008

Sweet surprises

After yesterday's snow, you should try these chocolates to warm you up and give you that melt-y feeling. Chuao (pronounced chew-wow) Chocolatiers are a local company specializing in Venezuelan chocolate. Last night, four of us had a little tasting of some of their signature flavors: Spicy Maya - chocolate with pasilla chile and cayenne pepper, Chevere - dark chocolate with goat cheese, buttercream and black pepper, Modena - dark chocolate with caramel, strawberry pulp, and balsamic vinegar, and Earl Grey infused milk chocolate. We all had a different favorite, but overall each piece was a sweet layered surprise. I think their latest creation, the Firecracker bonbon with pop rocks, is symbolic of their products overall - my brother said it "brought the fun back to chocolate". P.S.: Thanks to Karen at Chuao for letting me take photos and for helping me pick from over 30 bonbon choices!

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

What a surprising affect that these would have on my taste buds! I love the calm, smooth taste of chocolate. Not sure what they would do to me!!!


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Fri Feb 15, 11:20:00 AM PST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks for stopping by Pat. Yeah, maybe it is a generational thing - I grew up on pop rocks but my mom reacted surprised and a little freaked out!

Fri Feb 15, 03:53:00 PM PST  
Blogger Ann (MobayDP) said...

lol @ your brother's comment that it brought the fun back to chocolate. :)

I had no idea that the fun had ever left chocolate! lol :)
These do sound and look wonderful though. Just thinking about that maya spicy chocolate made me start to drool.

Fri Feb 15, 08:00:00 PM PST  
Blogger Jilly said...

I've never had any of these strange-sounding chocolate combinations but perhaps I should...

yesterday's photo of the snow - amazing.

Sat Feb 16, 12:57:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog, Felicia does your last name start with a G, and end with a Z ? Either way check out my new site, things to do in San Diego California, Rob

Sat Mar 01, 08:09:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home