Monday, February 25, 2008

MCASD La Jolla

More nautical...Sticking straight out of the Museum of Contemporary Art in La Jolla is a conglomeration of rowboats, canoes, jet skis, and surfboards called Pleasure Point by LA artist Nancy Rubins. For the young and/or hip: the MCASD is free for those 25 years and under and also has a program called Thursday Night Thing (TNT) where they have a "happening" (slide jams, DJ lessons, poetry readings to live bands, artists' talks, & video projections) at their downtown location.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent McD. said...

interesting sculpture / agglomeration of aquatic craft, but the name is not really apropos

Mon Feb 25, 03:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Clueless in Boston said...

I may have to reconsider my opinion of modern art. I like the aquatic sculpture and the beautiful blue sky. It looks nice and warm there, but please don't tell me, I don't really want to know:)

Mon Feb 25, 04:58:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home