Thursday, January 31, 2008

Pink in the Sky


I try to sneak out in the morning, before anyone else is up to walk the dog just as the sun is coming up. Heading out in the chilled morning air is so refreshing and invigorating. On my way home, the sun has come up, and with a weird mixture of sadness & happiness, I feel the suns' warmth on one cheek, the nights' chill still on the other. Sad that the crisp-ness is falling out of the air, and happiness that another day is upon me.
This is a popular tree in my neighborhood - it's easy to see why. These flowers are long-lasting and lovely against both the green leaves and blue sky. I have *no* idea what it's called, though! Anyone else out there know?

4 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

What a lovely and poetic morning walk! I'm sure Sangria appreciates her alone time with you too. :)

Thu Jan 31, 04:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger lola coca-cola said...

Not sure what it is from those pics, do you have one with more of the plant/tree in it?

Thu Jan 31, 07:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger Joy said...

A very lovely photo. Such a refreshing image.

joy
A Pinay In England
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

Fri Feb 01, 02:34:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a camellia -- but that's a bush, not a tree, so it's probably not.

Tue Feb 05, 09:34:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home