Thursday, December 13, 2007

Parade of Lights


One of my fond memories from my childhood is getting all bundled up and going down to watch the parade of lights each year down at the Embarcadero. The boats sail past, quite close to the shore, all decked out in lights. People shout words of encouragement from the shore, and the people on the boat shout back, and it's quite the merry time. It happens on two consecutive Sundays each year. The first was this past Sunday, and the next is this Sunday. Head down and be prepared for a good ol' pirate time, as there's a Pirate theme this year...Arrrrgh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Pretty lights and a nice photo! You must have been freezing your fingers and butts off - it was so cold on Sunday!

Thu Dec 13, 03:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger Helen said...

I love the reflection of the lights off the water!

Thu Dec 13, 07:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger NorthBayPhoto said...

Very pretty lights. Great shot.

Fri Dec 14, 08:14:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mo said...

The boat parade is awesome. What a great tradition. I like the pirate theme, especially the pirate skull and swords on top of the boat.

Sat Dec 15, 06:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger Lynette said...

I saw a TV show that included your boat parade. It was neat. If you've got a minute, take a look at my Dec. 17 post for the photos I took when Mama and I got to ride in the Columbia River Christmas Ships Parade. It was splendid fun.

I’ve enjoyed browsing through your recent posts. In whatever way you celebrate the season, may your days be filled with joyous moments to remember. Thanks for your visits to my blog!

Sat Dec 22, 10:10:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home