Thursday, December 06, 2007

Festive Street Sign


While walking my dog today* I noticed this sign which had been fancied up for the holiday season. The sign itself is actually rather oddly located, at the edge of someone's front lawn, along a street that starts at Monroe Ave., curves around and meets Monroe again. About halfway in, the name changes from Highland to 44th (I wonder what the street address is for the house that has the sign on it's lawn? Highland? Or 44th?). Doesn't seem there's a reason for the name change to me, except for general confusion, plus it leaves a street sign with no corner to sit upon.
*Yes, mom, I walked the dog, not just today, but yesterday too. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger expat said...

How weird. I looked on Mapquest, and that section of Highland isn't even aligned with the main part. And how about that tiny little stub of 45th?

Fri Dec 07, 07:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger gk said...

gorgeous! Did you happen to notice this while the dog was pissing on the post?

Fri Dec 07, 09:06:00 AM PST  
Blogger Felicia said...

I hope the people that live there can make their sign beautiful the rest of the year too, since it is on their lawn!

Fri Dec 07, 10:22:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home