Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Transfer Station

When I've been summoned to jury duty I take the trolley downtown because it drops off right around the corner from the court house. I take the Orange Line which travels from the East County through some of San Diego's less affluent communities and goes right into our sparkly shiny new downtown of fresh high rise condos and our million dollar ballpark. This is the view looking down Park Blvd toward the 12th & Imperial MTS Trolley Transfer Station. I haven't shown photos of the less fortunate, mundane, or not so beautiful sides of San Diego, but it does exist and is a part of our city and many other cities as well. Here is a great article about the many different walks of life that pass through the Transfer Station hub at 12th & Imperial.

5 Comments:

Blogger isa said...

You've got trolleys in SD? Since when?
I am so jealous...

Tue Nov 27, 02:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Clock towers are such wonderful fixtures, aren't they? Nice red trolleys!

The not so beautiful side of our cities... There's crime, negligence, injustice everywhere. I'm still not quite sure how I want to address that on my blog, but I know that, eventually, I will. This week I'm showing a part of Boston that tourists don't get to see (and many locals choose to avoid), but I want to show that, despite its "reputation," this neighborhood has a lot going for it.

Tue Nov 27, 02:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Thanks for tackling my Sunday Puzzle - the answer was actually a squirrel's tail

Wed Nov 28, 09:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger Wayne said...

This is a neat street-scape Felicia. I like it. It seems to encompass so much. Very interesting. And as to the 'underbelly' of our cities... I feel like everyone knows what that can be like in every city, so I want to show what is wonderful about Dunedin. And like San Diego, that's a lot!
Thanks,
Wayne

Wed Nov 28, 10:20:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for some interesting insights into life in San Diego and some great photos. As I'm convinced visitors to our travel community at trivago would enjoy your blog as much as I do, I've taken the liberty of adding a link to it at our San Diego pages. Keep up the good work!

Sun Dec 02, 11:12:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home