Friday, November 09, 2007

Only tacos

Tacos are the real deal, unlike burritos which were created in the US. And Mamá Testa's only serves tacos - old fashioned home cookin style tacos from the different regions of Mexico. And they don't use flour tortillas.
About $8 for 3 tacos and chips. I wasn't feeling adventurous so I got regular ol' carnitas tacos. At first they reminded me of Rubio's street tacos, but they tasted much better and there was a lot more meat than Rubio's and with homemade tasting tortillas. I also had a very interesting tasty medium spicy sesame salsa. When I get out of my food rut, I'll probably go back to try the tacos guisados (stewed meat or veggie filling).

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynette said...

Yummy! I like the looks of these two photos!

Fri Nov 09, 11:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger Chris said...

Felicia, I would love to know where this place is so I can go there the next time I'm in SD!!

Sat Nov 10, 06:10:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1417 University Avenue SD 92103

Sun Nov 11, 03:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks Lynette, Chris, and Anon! I also put a link to the place where you can see the menu and drool.

Tue Nov 13, 10:40:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home