Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Air & Space Museum

We kind of took you to the seas last week, so today & tomorrow I'm taking you to the skies. It is also Fleet Week, which goes on for about a month, in celebration and recognition of San Diego's military.
The San Diego Air & Space Museum features historic aircraft, modern combat planes, and replicas of the Spirit of St Louis, and the Gemini, Mercury, and Apollo spacecraft. I even saw a miniature hot air balloon and miniature zeppelin. They have such a large collection that there is also an annex at Gillespie Field airport in El Cajon where many of the restoration and replicas are made.

4 Comments:

Blogger lv2scpbk said...

I liked reading about this.

Tue Oct 02, 12:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Chris said...

That museum is great. I wasn't too keen on going, but I went since my husband and son wanted to do so. I'm glad I did!

Tue Oct 02, 02:29:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must be a wonderful place to shoot pictures.

teeth bleaching

Wed Oct 03, 09:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. I was surprised too - the museum doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is packed with aircraft and memorabilia.

Wed Oct 03, 12:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home