Thursday, July 26, 2007

Funky house


I used to take my dog for a long-ish walk through a nearby neighborhood - passing by this house as it was being built. It took a verrrry long time, and seemed to be worked on in fits and spurts. It still doesn't look quite done in spots and it's been at least 2-3 years!

I'm incredibly curious about this place...who dreamt it up? What inspired them to make such a moorish abode? Why did it take so long to be worked on? Really captures the imagination. At least my imagination, that is. ;-)

A couple more photos here & here

2 Comments:

Blogger isa said...

Love the photo with the moon!

Yes, definitely moorish...a touch of Morocco in San Diego...Let us know who moves in - inquiring minds want to know ;-)

Thu Jul 26, 09:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

I love the shapes. I imagine that it must have cost a lot of money...that could be why it took so long. I wonder if the inside is decorated in the same motif...try to peek in the window. ;-)

Thu Jul 26, 01:30:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home