Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More Magical Garden

I wanted you all to be able to get a sense of Queen Califia's Magical Garden. Everywhere you look you will be amazed - the work and the details are spectacular. I read on Wikipedia that she was influenced by Gaudi's Parc Güell in Barcelona and decided that she wanted to make something similar; a monumental sculpture park created by a woman. At one point during our visit my heart sang when a bunch of young girls about 8-10 years old came into the garden and were running around from sculpture to sculpture yelling out "Here's Niki!" and "I found another Niki!" They were looking for places on the sculptures where Niki de Saint Phalle had put her name. From their conversation I gathered that there were 9 or more places where her name was hidden. It is truly a magical place.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine someone doing all of this but she must have been both inspired and dedicated. I am glad she did it as it is quite remarkable and your photographs are very nice.

And thanks for visiting my blog. I do appreciate it so much.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Wed May 02, 11:27:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a great fan of Niki de Saint Phalle. Lovely statues here again.

Sat May 05, 07:24:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home