Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"City exchange" - Daily Photo theme day

The idea of this month's theme is to show a photo from our city that looks like, refers to, or reminds us of somewhere else. The above photo is part of Queen Califia's Magical Circle, a sculpture garden by Niki de Saint Phalle in Escondido. I hope this made you think of Gaudi's Güell Park in Barcelona, or of Niki's other works around the globe such as the Stravinsky Fountain in Paris, the Tarot Garden in Tuscany, Noah's Ark in Jerusalem or somewhere else ???
To be really confused about which city you are actually visiting, stop by other cities around the world participating in this theme day:
Monte Carlo, Monaco - Rome, Italy - Singapore, Singapore - Tenerife, Spain - Rotterdam, Netherlands - London, UK - Montréal (QC), Canada - Melbourne, Australia - Naples (FL), USA - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Mazatlan, Mexico - Buenos Aeres, Argentina - Manila, Philippines - Arradon, France - Madison (WI), USA - Evry, France - Seoul, Korea - Shanghai, China - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Sequim (WA), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Budapest, Hungary - Baziège, France - Hamburg, Germany - Toruń, Poland - Nelson, New Zealand - Madison (WI), USA - Vantaa, Finland - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Mainz, Germany - Dubai, UAE - Saint Paul (MN), USA - Cork, Ireland - Stockholm, Sweden - Menton, France - Tel Aviv, Israel - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Kitakami, Japan - Stayton (OR), USA - Szentes, Hungary - Stavanger, Norway - Grenoble, France - Villigen, Switzerland - Paris, France - Hyde, UK - Moscow, Russia - Joplin (MO), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Greenville (SC), USA - Cape Town, South Africa - Asheville (NC), USA - Seattle (WA), USA - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Madrid, Spain - Auckland, New Zealand - Oulu, Finland - Lubbock (TX), USA - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Sydney, Australia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Vancouver, Canada - Seattle (WA), USA - Selma (AL), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Manila, Philippines - Lyon, France - New York City (NY), USA - Los Angeles (CA), USA - Brookville (OH), USA -
Hayle, UK - Wailea (HI), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - San Diego (CA), USA - Boston (MA), USA - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Anderson (SC), USA - Torino, Italy

20 Comments:

Blogger Mandi said...

Great photo! It actually reminds me of Australian Aboriginal art.

Tue May 01, 12:18:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors! Great photo!
About the comment you left on Albuquerque DP. No, I never stayed in that motel but I would like to!

Tue May 01, 01:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Nathalie H.D. said...

Definitely feels like Gaudi's Barcelona, I love it!


I have been away for a few days, only came home last night, too late to enrol for the Theme day, but I am participating anyway. Cheers!

Tue May 01, 01:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jing said...

haha...nice sculpture!!
i esp. like the right snake. i hope its a snake....:)

jing
shanghai daily photo

Tue May 01, 01:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

this is very kewl - and you seem to have a lot more cities participating in your links than I - hm i copied mines from another DP but maybe I should use your links instead haha

Nice =)

Tue May 01, 01:53:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your photograph. Colors. Conception. Neat stuff. I don't know much about where it is.

My Theme Day portrait is of the "Peashooter" and the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Hope you like flying.

Tue May 01, 03:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

I too thought it from Barcelona. Nice photo.

Tue May 01, 04:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

I've seen Gaudi's work in Barcelona, and it did remind me of it! Good job!

Tue May 01, 04:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger isa said...

Love this photo...but even more I like the breasted lady from the Tarot Garden! Thanks for the links and the laugh ;-)

Tue May 01, 04:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Dsole said...

ok, a little bit of Barcelona there!

Tue May 01, 06:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jean said...

Great photo, super theme, so creative.

Tue May 01, 07:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger A Slice of My Life said...

This is great! So colorful. For some reason, it makes me think of somewhere in Asia

Tue May 01, 08:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger riniroo said...

Funky!

Check out my theme day pic:
www.cypressdailyphoto.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

Tue May 01, 11:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice vibrant colours..definitely gaudi-fied!

Tue May 01, 12:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ming the Merciless said...

I'm not familiar with Niki de Saint Phalle work but it's amazing. Fabulous photo for any day.

Tue May 01, 03:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger angela said...

I love her work so thanks for those links.
Angela

Wed May 02, 01:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sally said...

Thanks for visiting me on theme day. I have been out of computer contact and unable to comment on others.

Wed May 02, 02:04:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to be reminded of photos from Barcelona by Bob and Carlos.

Wed May 02, 09:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lavenderlady said...

I like this! Makes me laugh.

Wed May 02, 03:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks to everyone for stopping by! I'm glad that some thought of Barcelona - I wasn't sure if this was too far away from the theme. Also good to get a laugh and/or to introduce this great artist. I just love Niki de Saint Phalle's work!

Thu May 03, 10:43:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home