Friday, May 04, 2007

Rancho's Mexican Restaurant


Rancho's, originally uploaded by Digitalexx.

Rancho's is worth mentioning above the many other Mexican food restaurants because of it's focus on healthy food (and you know how much we Southern Californians love our tofu!). They specialize in vegetarian & vegan dishes, but do sell dishes with meat in them too. The decor is fabulous - outside seating where you're surrounded by beautiful plants & flowers, and inside seating with such colorful decorations you feel like you're in a homey Mexican village. This is a chain with 3 restaurants, this one located in North Park, on 30th near University. Click here to see one of their enchilada dishes and a photo inside the restaurant.

4 Comments:

Blogger isa said...

Very inviting! I love the patio area...as long as they do their plant watering at night ;-)

Fri May 04, 02:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Brent McD. said...

i love rancho's! i go to the ob location, never been to the north park one. where is the third? btw, posted a berkeley photo for you. thanks for visiting :-)

Fri May 04, 07:22:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way southern California has embraced Mexican culture. These traditional dances are wonderful and your capture against the colourful wall is absolutely stunning. Well done!

Sat May 05, 07:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I want to love Rancho's (North Park)...I mean they've got a friendly wait staff, great Frieda Kahlo artwork covering the walls, and a lovely atmosphere...but the food, which is what I ultimately come for, is just plain ICK (except for the salsa, for some reason that's excellent)! And I'm a wholegrain eating, tofu snarfing vegetarian, so healthy food isn't a problem for me. Sadly, though, I'm always beyond underwhelmed with the seasoning, texture, and oddly enough, the smell of the food there. In fact, after years of not eating at Rancho's, I gave it another try today, and now have a good old fashioned stomach-ache to show for my efforts. Oh well. I have yet to find an incredible Mexican food restaurant in San Diego.

Tue May 29, 01:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home