Thursday, April 26, 2007

Path in San Elijo Lagoon

Most of the San Diego coastline, as you drive north, naturally should be coastal wetlands. Much of it has been filled in to make housing, but there are a few wetlands areas left. San Elijo Lagoon is one such area (located between Solana Beach & Encinitas - still in San Diego County, but no longer in the City of San Diego). There are many great trails, and it's easy to get to (In fact, I5 goes right through it!). Click to view one of my favorite native wetlands plants, Scirpus californicus.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it looks so calm and peaceful and in your climate it must be like heaven.

Abraham Lincoln
Brookville Daily Photo

Thu Apr 26, 10:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

I like the angle of your photo - it captures the scene well. I've never been...is it a bit noisy with the freeway so close?

Fri Apr 27, 09:04:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Water, wetlands, whre are the frogs?

Fri Apr 27, 03:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

This is one of my favorite running/walking places in SD, though the footing is a little tough going under the freeway. I'm amazed that it isn't noisy until you're alongside the 5, but that's what I've found to be true.

I'm learning so much about the places I've seen and visited for years. Thank you.

Sat Apr 28, 04:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

the wetlands are a natural part of the ecosystem and I hope they dont disappear - that would be aweful - do you go hiking alot?

Sat Apr 28, 03:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alexandra said...

It's not too noisy, like Anne said, until you get lots closer to the freeway. I agree - we need to keep what little wetlands areas that we have left! :)

I used to go hiking a lot more - before I became a mom. I'm hoping to incorporate more and more hiking as the kids grow older, though.

Wed May 02, 03:54:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home