Saturday, March 31, 2007

One year birthday

Today it has been 1 year of San Diego Daily Photo. Others who have passed this 1 year milestone (and 2 years for Eric of Paris!) have made a collage of their best photos or posted a special photo. Due to my delinquent, lazy, and "fly by the seat of my pants" behavior I'm bringing you what I can. So, in celebration of César Chávez Day and as a tribute to my activist grandmother to whom this blog is dedicated, I thought I'd show a photo of a local union office supporting food and commercial workers. Like other daily photo bloggers' experience, for me this has been a very fun time consuming outlet of artistic expression connected to a wonderful community of people and I don't want it to end! And so, I've talked a few people into contributing.... I've already posted some things from Stu and he will continue to contribute from time to time. And please welcome Alexandra who will begin to post on Thursdays. We are looking forward to showing more new and exciting photos from our city. To SDDP visitors near and far, thank you very much for your comments and for stopping by to say hi! Comments and visitors keep us all going, so speak up and let us know what you'd like to see, or, if you are tired of seeing Balboa Park just say so!

19 Comments:

Blogger Zannnie said...

congratulations on your 1st Anniversary for your dp..wow!

tomorrow is my 200th post:) szia!:)

Sat Mar 31, 07:00:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, looking forward to the coming year.

Sat Mar 31, 07:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

Felicia, If I'm not mistaken, I recall another post that you dedicated to your grandmother with a more complete explanation of her background. She was a remarkable woman. Loving murals as I do, I appreciate this photo. Well-done!!

Sat Mar 31, 07:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Congratulations on reaching the big one. This is much more interesting than those collages of pictures -- still haven't decided what I'm posting next week.

Sun Apr 01, 02:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

Thats quite amazing how long youve been able to keep this up in your busy day to day life with a family and all! Glad to see all your photos, the yummie foods, beautiful balboa park and this wonderful mural and dedication to your wonderful grandmother and glad to have a new member in Alexandria joining your blog =D

Sun Apr 01, 03:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger alice said...

Happy birthday to your DP blog and i'm looking forward to see your mailbox!

Sun Apr 01, 03:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Eric said...

CONGRATULATIONS and HAPPY 1 YEAR DP-ing! May there be many, many more.

Sun Apr 01, 05:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jilly said...

Well done, Felicia. Great achievement. I love the mural.

Jilly x

Sun Apr 01, 05:30:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 1st birthday ... You really need to create a filing system for your photos. That way when you publish a book you will be able to find the originals ... Actually I licensed seven of my photos recently for us in a brochure about Greenville, SC. Had I not been able to locate the photos I would have missed out on a nice piece of change.

Sun Apr 01, 07:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger isa said...

Congratulation on this milestone!
Glad you'll be around for more...with a little help from your friends ;-)

Love the mural!

Sun Apr 01, 08:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger edwin s said...

Happy 1st Birthday! It's a fantastic feeling. And here's wishing your another year of great shots (incl. more Balboa Parks ones!)

Sun Apr 01, 08:53:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Felicia and team, it's a fantastic achievement!

I love this mural!

Mon Apr 02, 06:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger The Wellspring said...

Happy Anniversary and job well done!

Lisa in Quito

Mon Apr 02, 08:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger thehotrodqueen said...

happy anniversary! i will never get tired of balboa park shots! :)

Mon Apr 02, 08:47:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated 1st anniversary! Glad to know you have found contributors to carry on posting :)

nice mural for the occasion!

Tue Apr 03, 01:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

I was too late but I still want to congratulate you on your 1st anniversary. Also welcome to Alexandra and I'm looking forward to your photos in the future :)

Tue Apr 03, 04:05:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ::aaron g:: said...

Happy Birthday!

Tue Apr 03, 03:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thank you all so very much for the birthday wishes. Your visits and comments are always interesting, inspiring, and informative. I look forward to the next year and hope to show exciting new photos and be able to keep this blog going!

Wed Apr 04, 10:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Anil P said...

The mural is evocative. Nice picture.

Sat Apr 07, 09:33:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home