Friday, March 30, 2007

99 Ranch Market

Since I took you to the lower levels of San Diego food last week, here's a much higher level of food. Photo and description contributed by Stu:
Thinking of serving bull's penis for dinner this weekend? How about pig stomach? Rooster comb? If so, you'll be headed to 99 Ranch Market, by far the biggest of the Asian markets in the Kearney Mesa area. They sell all that, plus more varieties of fish (some of them still swimming) than I could possibly name. Personally, I avoid the really exotic stuff and carry away the 99cents-per-pound duck.

3 Comments:

Blogger isa said...

Wow, great fish selection!
Did you know that Trader Joe's hawks bull penis chew treats?
Hmmm...I think I'll stick with the duck, too ;-)

Fri Mar 30, 09:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

The price of the duck is amazing. I think I'll go shopping with Isabella. Some of the "treats" mentioned have as much appeal to me as the chicken legs I featured today on my blog.

Fri Mar 30, 10:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

That Duck sounds delicious - I think I will pass on the exotic stuff as well!

Sun Apr 01, 02:05:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home