Thursday, January 04, 2007

Checkered flag

Well, the clouds and rain rolled in today after a lovely week of fun in the sun. The lifeguards are always reminding swimmers and surfers to stay on their side of the checkered flag. Aside from maintaining safe areas for swimming and surfing, the flag is a good visual marker for those in the water. I remember when I was a kid coming out of the ocean and walking a good distance back to where my family was sitting because the currents had pulled me half way down the beach.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative photo. I have seen the checkered flags but never really understood what it meant.

Fri Jan 05, 10:47:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in SD for the last few days and this pic reminds me of Pacific Beach / Mission Beach where I was staying. I'm so envious of your weather!! Lovely city - Happy New Year!

Sat Jan 06, 04:13:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home