Thursday, December 28, 2006

Woody

This morning I went to the Big Bay Balloon Parade which is held in honor of the Holiday Bowl football game (UC Berkeley vs. Texas A&M University - The Cal Bears won the football game 45-10. Go Bears!) and features about 30 helium filled gigantic balloons. The above photo is the character Woody from the movie Toy Story. The crowd yelled out ooohs and ahhhs when the balloons strayed into the crowd or nearly missed a street light. I heard that one got away last year.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

superbe parade. j'adore Woody.

superb parade. I love Woody.

Fri Dec 29, 06:49:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the parade on Harbor Drive and the ship at the background the Star of India? If so, that's what the stands I saw on Wednesday were built for... I thought they were for New Year count down events. Too bad I missed parade, for I was actually on the Midway Aircraft Carrier Museum... But anyway, thanks for sharing! I've been touring around SD these days and seen a lot of places you've shown in your blog :)

Sat Dec 30, 12:41:00 AM PST  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks Olivier and Fay. Fay, thanks for visiting and yes this is near the Star of India. The Midway is a cool place to visit and probably was a good place to be away from the crowds of this parade!

Thu Jan 04, 10:47:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home