Monday, December 04, 2006

Not the Fontana di Trevi...

This is the same area at UCSD where I took the photo of the World AIDS Day red ribbon on December 1st. Every big or small fountain, my son stops and asks for money to throw in. Anyone know where the custom of throwing money in a fountain comes from? This water feature winds up and down a set of stairs and has a fountain at each end. All money from the fountain supports the Child Care Center at UCSD. Read a story about the 3,000 euros collected daily from the Fontana di Trevi to go toward feeding the poor.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tres belle prise de vue, j'aime beaucoup ta photo


very beautiful catch of sight, I like much your photograph

Mon Dec 04, 12:52:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! My son used to love that too. And when we went to Europe, lighting candles in cathedrals...

Tue Dec 05, 12:11:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, this angle is great!!!
i luv this photo.
:))

jing
shanghai daily photo

Tue Dec 05, 05:22:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kala said...

nice artistic shot!

Sun Dec 10, 10:37:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felicia,

Just stumbled across your blog here while surfing through the CityDailyPhoto index, and, being a native San Diego County-an, I had to check out your page.

I assume this is the fountain at the Price Club...er... Center? As a UCSD grad, I'm always pleased to see a nice photo of my alma mater. I've always thought it a very photogenic campus, but of course I'm biased.

Tue Dec 12, 01:49:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home