Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Corn

On Thursday, we will celebrate Thanksgiving which began as a celebration dinner between Native Americans and early US settlers at the end of the harvest season. Most people will gather with friends and family to share a big dinner. For the past few weeks, everyone has been thinking and talking about Thanksgiving dinner food. Some traditional foods: roasted turkey, bread or rice or corn stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with crisp onions on top, sweet potatoes or yams with butter and maybe marshmallows, carrots, corn, creamed spinach, squash, cranberry sauce. Did I say gravy? For dessert there is usually pumpkin, apple or pecan pie. What is your favorite/special Thanksgiving food?

7 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

When I was a child, my grandmother made a raspberry jello salad with fruits and ground nuts. I don't have the recipe but every year I try to create one just like she used to make. I'm getting closer and closer . . .

This is a lovely photo you share today.

Tue Nov 21, 12:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kate said...

Hey Annie, I have a terrific raspberry jello salad I'll share. Sound similar!! But it has a layer of sour cream--num!

Felicia, I love your photo of Indian Corn. Because Thanksgiving is a feast with "soft" food, I make sure that we have a crispy string bean dish with garlic and ginger. Have a great Thanksgiving!!

Tue Nov 21, 03:58:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you menu sounds so delicious, i'm hungry now and it's midnight (shouldn't be eating at this hour) =)

Tue Nov 21, 04:11:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J'aime bien crignoter du maïs en ecoutant Robert Johnson.


I like crignoter corn by listening to Robert Johnson.

Tue Nov 21, 08:22:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tis the season....

Your post goes with my post today. Indian corn is so beautiful. Good shot.

Tue Nov 21, 08:52:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors.

Wed Nov 22, 09:48:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooo..great shot about corn.thats one of my favourite food.
:)

jing
www.shanghaidailyphoto.com

Fri Nov 24, 06:35:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home