Friday, October 20, 2006

La Casa Maria

While driving by, what struck me about La Casa Maria on El Cajon Boulevard was that they offer both Mexican and Salvadorian food. I was interested in tasting some traditional Salvadorian dishes. The menu had a page of Salvadorian foods like pupusas, plantains, and pastelitos. The above is called pollo guisado which is chicken stewed in a tomato based sauce. The flavors were very different from the Mexican food I've had. One nice thing about this restaurant is the friendly family atmosphere. The owner, Maria, was our waitress and it felt like we were guests in her home. P.S.: Happy Birthday to my friend Jaine!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks delicious.

happy birthday Jaine.

Fri Oct 20, 03:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks for stopping by Jazzy & Stu! Stu, I have yet to check out the Morroccan place but I did skim the review. I see you have 1st hand experience ;) so once I've sampled the food we can compare notes.

Fri Oct 20, 05:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lisi said...

this looks kind of HK style to me, looks yummy all the same :-)

Fri Oct 20, 09:40:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cela donne envie....Hummm


that gives desireā€¦.Hummm

Sat Oct 21, 12:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

Did you try pupusas? I had them in El Salvador, but don't recall too much about them, other than I thought they were tasty.

Sat Oct 21, 05:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sally said...

Mmmmm, felicia ! On of the best things about Mexican food in California, for me, is the margaritas! Cheers!

Sat Oct 21, 05:58:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your photos. I feel like I'm back in SD just looking at them, and not all the way down in Oz. This makes me miss La Casa Maria (and mexican food in general), their food always seemed fantastic after a long day of finals at SDSU.

Sat Oct 21, 02:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks Lisi & Olivier. Kate, I didn't try the pupusas but I was eating one of the left over fish tacos the next day someone thought it was a pupusa! Sally, I like mine on the rocks with salt, how about you? Jac, I'm glad that you know the place!And happy to bring back good memories too.

Tue Oct 24, 12:18:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home