Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Let's dance

I've never been inside this building that is off of the Interstate 5 South freeway near Mission Bay. It is currently up for lease and uninhabited, but I think that at one time it was a restaurant featuring flamenco music and dancing. As I whiz by I always imagine the atmosphere this beautiful building once held: Spanish tapas, skirts flaring, hands clapping, and rapidly plucked guitar strings. Anyone know more about this building? Anyone been there in the good old days?

5 Comments:

Blogger santy said...

wow, pretty building. I loooove the white bench! :)

Wed Sep 06, 12:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kate said...

And I love the wall above it! Such wonderful mysteries and your imagination to compliment it!!

Wed Sep 06, 02:14:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous kris said...

wow! its sure is a beauty! cant believe that its vacant .perhaps you can contact the realtor, pretending you're interested for lease to get a chance to see inside. ;)

Wed Sep 06, 04:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stu "El Ingl├ęs" Harris said...

You can still see the "shadows" of its original name, TABLAO FLAMENCO, above the main doorway. It was designed to give mass tour groups something interesting and safe to do at night. I once went with a few friends, thinking to share a bottle of wine at the bar and watch a little flamenco. No deal -- we were firmly told we had to take a table and spring for the whole dinner experience. We left.

I believe the owners are now hoping to convert it to medical offices -- but it's been vacant for quite a while now.

Wed Sep 06, 07:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Oh, this is a beautiful building. I love the white benches and the wall as well!

Wed Sep 06, 07:21:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home