Thursday, August 17, 2006

Merci

From the photo above, can you guess where I was on my vacation? Some of the Daily Photo bloggers might recognize Eric Tenin of Paris Daily Photo (PDP) on the left and that is me on the right. My family spent a few weeks in France visiting family and vacationing in the countryside. Eric was nice enough to meet with us over lunch - patient and gracious as my husband and I ran around after our 1 year old girl and 3 year old boy. Since many visitors also visit PDP and because his is the first of the Daily Photo blogs, I thought I would write a little something about Eric and Paris Daily Photo.
Eric started PDP in March 2005 when France was going through their blog craze. He wanted to start a blog but as a journalist he felt he wouldn’t have time for a written blog. He received a camera as a gift, thought of starting a photo blog, and Paris Daily Photo was born! Initially, he thought it would last only 3 months and now there is no end in sight. After more than 100 cities joining in, Eric has a standard email greeting newcomers and letting them know about the different ways Daily Photo bloggers stay in touch (calendar of events, discussion forum, Best of Daily Photo, etc). We agreed that daily photo blogging is fun but can be a lot of work. It wouldn’t be as interesting if it were Paris Weekly Photo or San Diego Whenever Photo now would it? I asked Eric which of his own photos he likes best – click here to see one of his favorites capturing a snowy day in Paris with his point & shoot camera. A few things I noticed about Eric was that he speaks (and writes) in English very well and that yes, he is a very friendly Parisian! Thanks again for taking the time to meet with us! And to all, I hope you enjoy the last part of the summer and enjoy your vacation as much as I did.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lisi said...

Hi Felicia, it's nice to meet you too! Nice post and photo. I didn't notice you were away at all, did you keep posting while on vacation. Great blogger!

Fri Aug 18, 05:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Marie McC said...

What a nice photo! That's cool that you got to meet Eric. Thanks for sharing with this great post! And thanks for the link to Best of DP!

Fri Aug 18, 03:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Rodney said...

Felicia,

I agreee Eric is a very nice guy. The one thing I didn't do when I met his was take a picture but at least it gives me an excuse to visit Paris again!

Fri Aug 18, 07:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

I can't believe you went to Paris - didnt even realise you were on a trip - I have to say, that is very smart of you - well, glad you are back - i have to say, you are one committed gal to post so dedicatedly (if thats a word) - Eric is great for meeting ppl - I've been so busy lately, I dont even have time to visit all the blogs - well, I guess its back to reality for you and work - how amazing it must have been. I will just dream about a trip to paris =)

P.S. SD gurls rock ;)

Sun Aug 20, 03:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kim said...

What a brave couple you are to take little ones to Paris! Hope you had a blast. The photo didn't load, but I clicked on the X that was in its place, then it came up. What great looking bloggers! So glad you got to meet Eric. Did you find any Mexican restaurants in Paris to review??? This was a very nice write up. Thanks for sharing it with us.
-Kim

Mon Aug 21, 04:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home