Thursday, July 13, 2006

Torrey Pines Golf Course

For Mark, our Daily Photo guy in Sainte Maxime, France who is a golf instructor. Torrey Pines Golf Course is the site for the city's annual PGA Tour called the Buick Invitational and is known for its beautiful ocean views.
This week the golf course is hosting the Junior World Championships and the putting green was decorated accordingly.Incidentally, I've spent a lot of time on the golf courses of San Diego. When I was a kid my brother played competitively and at his best went into a sudden-death playoff in a tournament against the now famous San Diegan Phil Mickelson.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Just love this course. I have fond memories of playing here about 10 years ago and the ocean views were something I will never forget. If I remember correctly Torry pines was once voted the best public course in the States.
Thanks for sharing the photos with us Felicia.

Thu Jul 13, 02:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, lovely view. Am I allowed relaxing under that tree? :)

Fri Jul 14, 01:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger edwin s said...

Great shots Felicia!

Whenever they show B.I. on TV, it's always focused on the players. Now I see how great the views really are.

Fri Jul 14, 03:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

that is a great story about your brother Tiger Woods - I like the top photo the best =)

Sat Jul 15, 01:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hi Mark, it is a lovely course and yes, Tanty, it is nice because it is open to the public. Thanks Edwin & Danafaye! Kala, shhhh, I'm trying to keep a low profile here!

Mon Jul 17, 12:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home