Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Olympic Training Center

Nicolas of Honolulu Daily Photo requested photos of the Olympic Training Center.When you first walk into the facility you will see the Olympic flame pictured above. Oooh, fire!This is an impressive training facility for the following Olympic sports: archery, canoe/kayak, cycling, field hockey, rowing, soccer, softball, tennis, and track & field. Above is a photo of the scale model of the facility. You can see the athlete housing area, the soccer fields, tennis courts, the track, and the throwing field for track events in the photo above. What is not shown is the largest archery range in the US as well as the boathouse and lake facilities which are on the model but the model is so big I couldn't photograph it well. Unfortunately, I couldn't get up close and personal to get photos of these areas because they are restricted to the public. Sorry, I tried my best to show what is there, but you'll have to visit in person to see how cool it is!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

the shot the flames, cool !

Thu Jun 01, 03:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bob said...

Hi
the scale model shot looks as though it's from a plane

Thu Jun 01, 07:18:00 AM PDT  
Blogger The Alchemist said...

looks like a space traingin centre -very hi - tech - man that place is huge - no wonder the u produces such great olympic stars - i think the uk trains in an old car park

Thu Jun 01, 05:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ::aaron g:: said...

The US Olympic Basketball team needs more than a fancy, hi-tech Training Center!

Thu Jun 01, 09:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

thanks for the photos =) I'll probably stop by there to do some training in the near future so this is a great prelude =D

Fri Jun 02, 04:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

how far did you have to drive to get these shots? I agree with bob that the model looks like a aerial photo.

Fri Jun 02, 05:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks everyone. I like the flame too and it made me say "oooh" when I saw it. Yeah, the model is so good it does look real. The OTC is about 25 minutes from my house...and with getting lost about 15 more minutes!

Fri Jun 02, 05:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle B said...

Cool, Felicia! My parents live pretty close to the OTC, but I haven't been out to the OTC in ages. Great pictures:)

I grew up in Bonita and sometimes all the development out in the Otay Mesa area makes me sad. Where there used to be cows grazing not too long ago, there are now houses! The OTC used to be completely out in the boonies, now it seems to be just sort of in the boonies LOL.

Sat Jun 03, 03:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Thanks Michelle. It makes me sad too. I hadn't been out that way in a long time and it is so crazy with all the new housing. That is why there is so much traffic on the 805 these days!

Mon Jun 05, 11:15:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home