Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ocean Beach Pier

Here is the view looking back into the neighborhood. The pier is in a "T" shape and a nice walk. This post is for my mom because I know that whenever she has some free time she ends up taking a walk at the Ocean Beach Pier. Our family grew up in this neighborhood and I am sure that the pier brings back many childhood memories for her. Memories of going to the beach and Newport Avenue, seeing the tidepools, walking along the cliffs, crazy brothers diving off the end of the pier, bonfires, surfers, big waves during storms, grunion runs, the ocean smell, walking home the 6 or 7 blocks with sandy feet and sticky salty skin. And probably some other things that I don't know about! ;) Happy Mother's Day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Lovely shot - T shape explains how you got the shot

Mon May 15, 06:33:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it, sounds like a great idea for me today, maybe ill take the walk :)

Mon May 15, 06:53:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

Thats a great shot - Its quite amazing how long that pier stretches and excellent personal description of this photo - something I sorely lack on my posts.

Tue May 16, 04:48:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

Is this area close to Newport Beach? I don't know my Cali geography too well but noticed you mentioned Newport Avenue. :(

Tue May 16, 04:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

on that pier i
fell in love
smoked too much
fished with my kids
walked with my friends
lauged alot
drank too much
and enjoyed the lovely Ocean Beach.

thanks my dear :)

Tue May 16, 10:19:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicolas, Ocean Beach is in San Diego (San Diego County) and Newport beach is in Orange County. It's about a 80 minute drive north from San Diego to Newport Beach.

Wed May 17, 09:11:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home