Friday, May 12, 2006

Drive thru - es muy bueno

This is one of many drive thru Mexican fast food restaurants here. I'm going to put my vote in to say that every city needs a good drive thru Mexican food place. The sign says, Home of Famous California Burrito, which is a regular old carne asada beef burrito WITH french fries inside. I haven't tried that yet, but it sounds good. My cousin Honie tells me this building used to be the home of a place called Picnic-N-Chicken, hence the barn-like architecture.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Hi Felica

Looks nice: I haven't got a car. Do they have cycle-thrus?

Sat May 13, 01:08:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that place :)

Sat May 13, 10:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hi Bob, You don't even really have to go "in" to order. It is kind of an indoor/outdoor walk-up ordering area. which lots of places have here. But I bet they wouldn't mind if someone wanted to bike through the drive through. Lucky you to not have to deal with having a car! I see how cycling can allow you lots of opportunities for catching good photos. :)
Heather, thanks for the link! I like your photos of the Spruce Street Bridge...I've never been.

Sat May 13, 10:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kala said...

Ah man, i would die for a good mexican drive thru - we have taco hell here and I don't think there is much mexican in their foods. Can you open a francise in Hawai'i? I will be your loyal customer!

Sun May 14, 07:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Felicia, i went to Balboa park yesterday and had a fun time taking more pictures, but nothing with an artistic value

Mon May 15, 07:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home