Friday, April 14, 2006

Mexican food night

For anyone who has lived in San Diego, one thing that you surely miss when you are away is the Mexican food. For this reason and because there are a lot of Mexican food places here, I'm going to try to make Fridays dedicated to Mexican food. Here is the patio outside of Ortega's Mexican Bistro, specializing in lobster. It was just starting to rain, so that is probably why no one is eating outside. See the "A" in the bottom right? This is a county-wide system that gives a letter grade of A, B, or C to indicate the restaurant's health inspection score. They are required to post their score. An "A" is the best, and um if you see a restaurant with a "B" or "C", I would think twice before eating there! Do you have this where you live?
P.S.: Salud to Greenville, SC Daily Photo - are you enjoying your margaritas?

6 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Wow I love mexican food!

Sat Apr 15, 07:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Anne said...

I would surely enjoy Fridays because of your posts =)

Sat Apr 15, 07:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just paying my first visit to your site. WONDERFUL photos that really capture the feel of SD. I've never lived there, but have visited dear friends who do, and my dad was a Navy guy, so I've been there a time or two in my youth, too. I've even eaten at this restaurant with friends. Yum! I did not know of the health rating system and haven't seen it anywhere else. Seems like a good way to get better compliance with the health code.
Rally nice site!
-Kim

Sun Apr 16, 12:23:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss good Mexican food. Next time I visit we are definitely going to get some. "A" rated restaurant only!

Mon Apr 17, 02:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Felicia said...

I'm looking forward to my Friday Mexican food posts too because it means I'm going to be eating Mexican food!
Anne - thanks for ALL your very nice comments.
Kim - I'm glad that you like the photos - it is nice to hear from people that are in San Diego or know the city. I'm trying to give a good picture of what it is like here...
Sabrina - Yes!

Mon Apr 17, 03:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ::aaron g:: said...

This post (April 14) is so true -- everyone who leaves SD misses the yummy Mexican food!

Mon May 22, 10:36:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home